Heart and Body Naturals Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
10 ml - $31.00
Country Health Store
It is the sweet, nourishing, and balancing quality of Sweet Marjoram that associates Marjoram primarily with the Earth Element. Whenever the Earth Element is depleted or under stress, worry and over-thinking can take hold. There may be, in addition, feelings of real or imagined emotional deprivation - the idea that “no one cares”. Regardless of whether the person is truly isolated or not, they tend to see themselves as lonely and unsupported, easily feeling denied both warmth and affection.
Relaxing, warming, and comforting, Sweet Marjoram essential oil addresses itself to each aspect of this psychological picture. It helps to calm obsessive thinking, ease emotional craving, and promote the capacity for inner self-nurturing. In its ancient role as a funeral herb, it can help us to accept any deep loss, especially when combined with oils of Cypress and Rose.
As an herb of love, it nourishes the place from where neediness springs, helping to restore our power to give; it is a distillation of Mother Earth’s compassion. Sweet Marjoram is one of the main essential oils that possess an ability to both strengthen and relax.
It has very distinct antispasmodic and analgesic properties.
Application: * Aromatic * Bath * Internal * Topical
Producing Organ: Flowering Plant
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: USA
Safety Group: #2
Main Chemical Constituents: terpinenes, terpineol, sabinenes
Therapeutic Properties: Antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, aperitif, bactericidal, disinfectant, febrifuge, haemostatic, restorative, tonic [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 187.]
- Add 10-15 drops to ½ cup Pink Himalayan or Dead Sea Bath Salts and mix into warm bath water to ease sore, tired muscles. May also be very helpful in calming the psyche for a good night’s rest.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in a cool mist essential oil diffuser as needed to assist the body with coughing.
- Make a cough drop by combining 2 drops of Sweet Marjoram, 1 drop of Peppermint, and 1 drop of Tea Tree. Mix well, place one drop on back of the tongue, and hold for 3 minutes. Follow with ½ teaspoon of honey and swallow.
- Add 5-10 drops to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and gently massage to assist with osteoarthritis.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing
- Not to be used during pregnancy.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with the lid securely tightened.
Country Health Store - (503) 353-8968
Copyright 1996 - 2017 Advanced Marketing/Sunrise International - Country Health Store: Site map