Heart and Body Naturals Rose Geranium Essential Oil
(1 in Stock) - 10 ml
Country Health Store
It was the French chemist Recluz, who was the first to distill the leaves of Rose Geranium. It has since become an important perfume ingredient and is often used as a substitute for Rose essential oil.
While Lavender essential oil is suited to the individual in whom emotions overwhelm the mind, Rose Geranium is for those whose rationality and personal drive deny the place of feeling and impression. Therefore, Rose Geranium helps to reconnect us with our life feeling, to our emotional sensitivity, relaxed spontaneity, and a healthy thirst for pleasure and enjoyment. With this comes a greater capacity for intimate communication – one in which being able to receive and experience is as important as the power to give and express.
Rose Geranium also has action on the spleen-pancreas; the oil may be used to assist the body with lethargy, diarrhea, and lymphatic congestion. It is indicated for chronic anxiety, infertility, and symptoms associated with menopause. Known as a great balancer for women, it can be especially helpful during pregnancy. It is a very strong essential oil and is best avoided as a body massage in pregnancy.
Rose Geranium is astringent, refreshing, relaxing, and has a lovely aroma. The oil’s exotic, floral, and slightly spicy aroma is reflected in its well-known aphrodisiac effect – an effect that relates to its intrinsically sensual, liberating nature. Rose Geranium is ideal for the workaholic perfectionist – for the person who has forgotten imagination, intuition, and sensory experience.
As an anti-inflammatory essential oil, Rose Geranium may be compared to Lavender and German Chamomile, and is indicated for gastritis, colitis, psoriasis, and eczema. It can also be used for skin concerns such as acne, impetigo, and athlete’s foot.
Application: * Aromatic * Bath * Internal * Topical
Producing Organ: Leaves and flowering branches
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Egypt
Safety Group: #2
Main Chemical Constituents: citronellol, geraniol, linalol
Therapeutic Properties: Antidepressant, anti-hemorrhagic, anti- inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, cicatrizant, deodorant, diuretic, fungicidal, hemostatic, stimulant (adrenal, cortex), styptic, tonic, vermifuge, vulnerary [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 190.]
- Add 10-20 drops to ½ cup Pink Himalayan or Dead Sea Bath Salts and mix into warm bath water to relieve stress, tension headaches, and premenstrual symptoms.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in a cool mist essential oil diffuser to balance mood.
- Add 4 drops Geranium and 4 drops Juniper Berry to a veggie capsule with carrier oil. Take 2-3 times daily to assist with healthy kidney and bladder function.
- Apply 1-2 drops, neat, to assist with small cuts and wounds.
- Mix with your favorite beauty products to moisturize and nourish skin and hair.
- Use 1-2 drops on the Sacral Chakra to assist with balancing hormones and premenstrual symptoms.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, and generally non-sensitizing; possible contact dermatitis in hypersensitive individuals, especially with the Bourbon type.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with the lid securely tightened.
Country Health Store - (503) 353-8968
Copyright 1996 - 2018 Advanced Marketing/Sunrise International - Country Health Store: Site map