Heart and Body Naturals Ravintsara Essential Oil
10 ml - $31.00
Country Health Store
Ravintsara is distilled from the leaves of Cinnamomum camphora grown in Madagascar. This is a very different species from the camphor trees grown in Madagascar and parts of Asia that are now being called Ravensara.
The composition of Ravintsara is simple, without a specific compound which makes its smell. The aroma of Ravintsara is very characteristic and combines the freshness of the 1,8 cineole with the gentle warmth of the alcohols and the dynamism of the eugenol.
Ravintsara, like true Lavender and Rosemary Verbenone, can be used, and even proves effective, for ailments which do not on the face of it, fall within the province of its specific virtues. Ravintsara is an indispensable essential oil, and is, without a doubt, the most versatile.
Whether used internally or externally, for serious complaints or benign problems, it acts rapidly and effectively. Ravintsara is an excellent antiviral agent, particularly for flu. Ravintsara is also very effective in cases of shingles and herpes. It is a nerve tonic as well as a mental and physical stimulant; it revitalizes people suffering from physical and nervous fatigue.
Ravintsara, particularly active even in low doses, acts to its full extent as a “terrain” treatment. An exceptional essential oil, it is non-toxic, and therefore suitable for everyone. It has a great potential for action at the psychological level.
Application: * Aromatic * Bath * Topical
Producing Organ: Young leafy twigs
Extraction: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Safety Group: #1
Main Chemical Constituents: oxides, monoterpenes
Therapeutic Properties: Antibiotic, antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, prophylactic, stimulant, vermifuge, vulnerary [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 111.]
- Add 10 drops to ½ cup Pink Himalayan or Dead Sea Bath Salts and mix into warm bath water.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in a cool mist Essential Oil diffuser.
- Mix 20 drops Ravintsara with 1 tablespoon carrier oil for immune system support.
- For shingles, mix 10 drops Ravintsara, 10 drops Lemon, and 10 drops Roman Chamomile in 1 tablespoon carrier oil and apply to affected area 1-3 times daily.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with the lid securely tightened.
Country Health Store - (503) 353-8968
Copyright 1996 - 2017 Advanced Marketing/Sunrise International - Country Health Store: Site map